BuyerGenomics allows for a wide variety of testing for your email campaigns. You can control the type of test, email rollout, win criteria, and even sample size - this guide will walk you through, step-by-step, how to set up your A/B test. (You can find more information on best practices for your A/B test here.)
For the test type, you can run either:
- A subject line test; or
- A creative content test.
For the email rollout, you can:
- Split Test, where BuyerGenomics will evenly split the target and deploy Email A to one half, and Email B to the other half; or
- Test-and-Roll, where BuyerGenomics will run the test to a subset of your target, collect data, and then send the best creative to the remainder of the target.
1. Select “Yes” for “Run an A/B Test?”
2. Choose your creatives.
- If you are running a subject line test, select just one creative.
- If you are running a creative content test, select two creatives.
3. Click "Configure Test" to add additional testing details.
- If you are setting up a subject line test, you must continue to this step to choose your two subject lines.
- If you are setting up a creative content test, this step is optional - you may proceed with the default settings or configure your test yourself.
4. If you are running a subject line test, click the pencil icon to set your subject lines.
5. Select the total size of the test group.
- If you want to run a Split Test, move the slider to 100%.
- Any other test size will allow you to perform a Test-and-Roll.
6. If you are running a Test-and-Roll...
- Choose your win criteria. You can choose one of:
- Number of Opens
- Number of Clicks
- Click-Through Rate
- Number of Conversions
- Set the Test Duration
- BuyerGenomics will wait the number of selected hours to collect data, and then send the best creative to the rest of the target.
Once you have configured your A/B test, you can then set up the rest of your campaign as normal.
Your test schedule will display both Email A and Email B in the campaign overview.
If you are running an Test-and-Roll, the winning creative will also be displayed, indicated by a crown symbol.